The Freedman Archives: Part II

The following is a collection of letters written by Gary Freedman to his imagined friend.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

"We Have Everything Under Control"

Brian--

Hey, buddy. Just a brief note. As Charles Dickens might have said had he lived into the era of managed care: "It was the worst of therapies and the worst of therapists."
There have been some revolting developments on the psychotherapeutic front. Remember the meeting the three nincompoops had back in April? I told you about that. Indira Gandhi, The Mad Monk, and Dr. Cooper got together to map out a strategy. I was assured: "We have everything under control. You will be assigned a new therapist as soon as your therapy at GW ends (that was May 24th--last week), and if a new therapist is not located, Dr. Bash will see you in the interim."
Well, wouldn't you know! Dr. Bash is out sick, and nobody knows when she's coming back. I knew this was going to go nowhere. Just like I said: "The Bureaucratic Mind At Work." The whole meeting business resulted in nothing happening. Right now I'm out of the loop. My new psychiatrist, Dr. Barbot, doesn't know anything about my psychotherapy. I can't reach Dr. Cooper. I have no relationship with GW anymore (not that I'd want any). And Dr. Bash might be out for a while.
All I can say is, thank God I've got you, buddy. Talk to you next week. No letter tomorrow. I'll have something for you on Monday June 7. Did you call Earl to wish him a happy birthday? Better do that!
See you, Brian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home